Millions of people worldwide have fallen victim to drug abuse and addiction. Repeated use of a substance alters how your brain functions normally, and the brain easily get accustomed to the presence of the drugs. Most people try to quit when they experience the effects of substance use disorder.
When they stop using, they will experience withdrawal symptoms as the brain, and the body has already gotten used to the presence of withdrawal treatments for substance use disorder is necessary four safe withdrawal. This is because the symptoms may get severe depending on how much you used, the substance abused, and more.
Kratom is one of the most commonly abused substances, and there is treatment available at top facilities like AmHealth Behavioral. It helps patients to deal with withdrawal symptoms of most common substances, including symptoms of alcohol abuse.
What is Kratom?
Kratom is a substance obtained from a South East Asia indigenous tree called mitragyna speciosa. The stems and leaves of this tree are dried and then brewed or chewed. In Low doses, kratom produces stimulant effects while in high doses, the user will experience opioid-like affects — individuals who take kratom experience euphoric effects after 5 to 10 minutes of ingestion. The high could last for 2 to 5 hours. The United States Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) does not control creating homes but classifies it as a drug of concern.
Kratom Abuse and Addiction
Individuals, especially teens and young adults, abuse passive kratom as a legal way of getting high. Some purchase it in bars and mix it with their drink since the drug is in powder form. Its abuse is banned in Thailand, which is one of its original countries. Kratom has psychoactive properties that can easily cause dependence and, eventually, addiction. You are dependent on a substance when you experience physical changes in your brain because of regular abuse. Addiction, on the other hand, is a compulsive behavior to abuse the drug despite the consequences such as the withdrawal symptoms.
Warning Signs of Kratom use
The warning signs of kratom use are signs that you are dependent on or possibly an addict of kratom. Common warning signs include a
- Irresponsibility. This is where you leave your obligations unfulfilled and therefore notice a negative change in your academic or work performance.
- Relationship conflicts. The changes brought by kratom addiction could lead to a change in personality. Furthermore, withdrawing socially and secrecy will damage relationships.
- Financial strain. People with substance use disorder usually delicate most of their resources towards acquiring the substance. You may also work less and end up losing your job, which leads to financial trouble.
- The negative change in physical appearance. You will have little concern for personal hygiene, and weight loss is common.
Kratom Withdrawal Symptoms
Withdrawal symptoms manifest because the body got used to the substance. Kratom withdrawal symptoms depend on the amount of Kratom you consume. A high rate of abuse often leads to severe withdrawal symptoms. Individuals will start experiencing some symptoms like:
- Nausea Or Vomiting
- Running Nose
- Watery Eyes
- Restless Legs
- Hot Flashes
- Muscle Aches
How to Cope With Kratom Withdrawal
- Be open with your doctor. As you talk to your doctor, ensure you describe to him the kind of sore throat symptoms experiencing. If they are severe, the doctor could prescribe medications to help ease withdrawal symptoms such as nausea and anxiety.
- Purchase over-the-counter medications. Kratom withdrawal symptoms respond well also to over-the-counter medication. Examples include sleep AIDS, pain relievers, and anti-diarrheal.
- Take a shower. Most individuals who experience kratom withdrawal symptoms are awful, exhausted, and pressed. You can improve your mood energy and soothe your muscles with the shower.
- Take a walk. Our work is an excellent way to distract yourself from the discomfort of withdrawal. Others find relief in exercise.
- Stay busy. You may be tempted to take a few days off from school or work or even avoid your social life for a while. However, keeping busy helps you to occupy your mind from the discomforts of withdrawal.
- Write down the reasons and goals of quitting. Write down a list you can easily access and refer to often. At the top of this list, indicate why you want to quit kratom use.
Long-Term Kratom Treatment
It is always better to invest in long-term recovery. Yes, self-medication works, but you need to combine it with therapy to fully recover, especially if you used it to treat anxiety, PTSD, or depression. If you are a heavy user, we advise that you visit a detox or rehab facility near you to get the appropriate help.
AmHealth Behavioral – Kratom & Other Substances Withdrawal and Treatment
AmHealth Behavioral is a detox and rehab organization based in Los Angeles, California, that helps individuals struggling with substance use disorder to achieve long-term recovery. We help individuals deal with various issues such as the effects of codeine, lortabs side effects, signs of opioids use, bipolar signs and symptoms, withdrawal symptoms from Percocet, symptoms of alcohol abuse, and more.
Our main treatment programs and facilities include:
- 310 Residential. This is a center that offers in-house detoxification services with 24/7 comprehensive care for individuals who experience moderate to severe withdrawal symptoms.
- Novo Detox. This is a center that offers detox and rehabilitation, services, and facilities for individuals and families. The first 5-10 days are dedicated to intensive detox. For the rest of your stay, which could be 30 days, you will undertake intensive therapy programs like family therapy.
- Overland Intensive Outpatient Program. This center is for individuals who are transitioning back to their lives. You can spend days at work or at school and evenings at the center. You will have access to various therapy programs, such as individual and group therapy.
- The BluffsSober living. The BluffSobber Living program provides a sober living center to help individuals transition back to society. We will give our residents essential items like food and laundry detergents.
Contact us to get help from our team of experienced and recognized counselors, therapists, and addiction specialists.
Regular abuse of a substance can lead to addiction. Kratom is a substance that arrived from the stems and leaves of the mitragyna speciosa tree, which is indigenous in Thailand and Southeast Asia. The Drug Enforcement Agency classifies kratom as a drug of concern as it has the potential for addiction.
People can easily be abused and get addicted to it because it is legal in many states and countries. It is even sold in bars in powder form, and individuals mix it with your drinks to experience euphoric effects. You shouldn’t get help for your use disorder if it makes you responsible because this relationship conflicts with financial strains or a negative change in your physical appearance.
Furthermore, when you stop using, you will experience withdrawal symptoms such as diarrhea, sweating nausea vomiting, Insomnia depression, anxiety, muscle aches, watery eyes, and more. You should seek long-term treatment, especially if you used kratom to address depression or anxiety. AmHealth provides help for kratom withdrawal and recovery and helps with other substances like alcohol abuse symptoms, signs of bipolar disorder, and more. The longer you wait without getting help, the more severe disorder gets. For example, they will draw symptoms that will be more intense.